This, the latest version of the Raspberry Pi has three major upgrades over the previous version, Firstly it has a second generation Quad Core Broadcom BCM2837 64-BIT ARMv8 processor, give a speed boost from 900MHz to a whopping 1.2GHz!
Secondly it has a BCM43143 Wi-Fi chip built in which means onboard Wi-Fi no more adapters necessary as well as Wi-Fi it also has BLE on board so it makes an excellent IoT solution. Thirdly the upgraded switched power source can handle an extra 500mA taking it up to a whopping 2.5A! giving your Pi even more powerful devices over USB ports.
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 40-pin Extended GPIO
- 4x USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A
- Includes a 16GB Micro SD card with NOOBS preloaded