This breakout board has been designed to offer an easy way to connect additional circuits and hardware to the pins on the edge of the BBC micro:bit. It provides access to a large number of the BBC micro:bit processor pins allowing a lot of extra functionality to be added.
Looking to do more with your BBC micro:bit? Unlock its potential with this Edge Connector Breakout Board!
This Edge Connector Breakout Board for the BBC micro:bit gives access to all of the important pins on the bottom edge of the BBC micro:bit. 21 pins are broken out in total; providing additional I/O lines, direct access to buttons A and B, the LED matrix outputs and the I2C bus. Please refer to the datasheet below for more details.
The BBC micro:bit pins are broken out to a row of solderable pads. The SCL and SDA pins are separated at the edge of the board providing easy identification. The PCB includes a prototyping area with 3V, 0V and unconnected rows that can be soldered to. This allows the easy connection of switches, sensors and any pull-up or pull-down resistors etc. as required.
To use the breakout board the BBC micro:bit should be inserted firmly into the connector as shown below:
- Breaks out 21 pins from the Edge Connector for the BBC micro:bit, allowing the connection of extra components to add new functionality.
- Dedicated prototyping area with 3V and 0V rows.
- Labelled pins and clear straightforward documentation.
- 1 x Edge Connector PCB for the BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Edge Connector for the BBC micro:bit.
Possible applications include:
- Accessing additional pins and functionality on the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 60mm.
- Width: 40mm.
- Height: 11.8mm.
- Straight Double Row PCB pin headers, 2.54mm, 2 x 10-way, pack of 2.