Getting started with Arduino - The book by Massimo Banzi (co-founder of Arduino) is a great way to get all of the fundamental knowledge in Setting Up, Understanding and Programming the Arduino.
This kit includes everything you need to be able to follow along with the book as you read it, putting together all the circuits as they are mentioned.
We have included a large breadboard, this allows you to prototype your circuits, but since there is so much room on it - you needn't dissassemble them before moving on to the next - just find a clear section of breadboard and start building.
All the components are grouped into labelled bags, so even if you are just starting out you will be able to easily identify the different parts needed.
The kit contains:
- 1 x Getting started with Arduino book (of course, we give you the book too!)
- 1 x Arduino Uno R3 (the latest UNO)
- 1 x Breadboard with binding posts
- A selection of male/male jumper wires
- 1 x 9 Volt Battery clip (just add a 9V battery to make your project mobile)
- USB A-B Cable (for programming your Arduino)
- 4 x Silicon feet for your Arduino (just stick them on the bottom of the UNO to protect it from your workbench!)
- 1 x RGB 5 mm LED
- 1 x Red 5 mm LED
- 1 x Green 5 mm LED
- 1 x Blue 5 mm LED
- 1 x Reed Switch
- 2 x LDR (light dependant resistors)
- 1 x IRF520 MOSFET
- 5 x 10k Ohm Resistor
- 1 x 270 Ohm Resistor
- 1 x Rare Earth Magnet
- 1 x IN4007 Diode
- 1 x Mini Push Button Switch
- 1 x Latching Switch
- 1 x Tilt Switch
- 1 x Thermistor
- 1 x Motor