This sensor is essentially a reed switch, encased in an ABS plastic shell. Normally the reed is 'open' (no connection between the two wires). The other half is a magnet. When the magnet is less than 13mm (0.5") away, the reed switch closes. They're often used to detect when a door or drawer is open, which is why they have mounting tabs and screws. But these also have a sticky-foam-tape back so you can also place them in locations you cant attach with screws.
- Normally open reed switch
- ABS enclosure
- Rated current: 100 mA max
- Rated voltage: 200 VDC max
- Distance: 15mm max
- Box size (each side): 27mmx14mmx8.7mm (1inx0.55inx0.34in)
- Cable Length: 25cm (10in)
- Weight (per side): 5.2g (0.18oz)
Netduino driver and Netduino sample. This sample shows how to use an interrupt handler to respond to a button press or a magnetic contact switch closing.