The Parallax continuous rotation servo is a Futaba S148 servo that has been modified for continuous rotation. Since servos have their own integrated control circuitry, this unit gives you an easy way to get your robot moving.
The Parallax (Futaba S148) continuous rotation servo converts standard RC servo position pulses into continuous rotation speed. It can be controlled directly by a microcontroller without any additional electronics, which makes it a great actuator for robotics projects. The servo includes an adjustable potentiometer that can be used to center the servo and comes with a star-shaped servo horn and an 11" (270 mm) lead.
Parallax continuous rotation servo specs
- Power: 4.8 – 6 V
- Top 4.8 V speed: 60 RPM (with no load)
- Torque: 2.4 kg-cm/33.3 oz-in at 4.8 V, 3.0 kg-cm/41.7 oz-in at 6 V
- Weight: 43 g/1.5 oz with servo horn and screw
- Size (L x W x H): 40.5 mm x 20.0 mm x 38.0 mm / 1.60" x 0.8" x 1.50"
- Control interface: RC servo pulse width control, 1.50 ms neutral
- Manual adjustment port
|Size: ||40.5 x 20.0 x 38.0 mm |
|Weight: ||43 g |
|Digital?: ||N |
|Speed @ 6V: ||0.22 sec/60° |
|Stall torque @ 6V: ||3.0 kg·cm |
|Speed @ 4.8V: ||0.28 sec/60° |
|Stall torque @ 4.8V: ||2.4 kg·cm |
|Lead length: ||270 mm |
|Hardware included?: ||Y |
- Parallax continuous rotation servo manual (66k pdf)