SparkFun LCD-11676 Serial Miniature OLED Module - 1.5" (uOLED-128-G2-GFX)
The µOLED-128-G2 is a compact display module from 4D Systems using the latest state of the art Passive Matrix OLED (PMOLED) technology with an embedded GOLDELOX graphics processor that delivers ‘stand-alone’ functionality to any project.
The GOLDELOX chip does the heavy-lifting here, delivering powerful graphics, text, image, animation and more. The module is designed to work out of the box and you are now ready to write your code in 4DGL (a high level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop4 IDE (editor, compiler and downloader). That’s going to save you a lot of time!
4DGL is a graphics oriented language allowing the developer to write applications in a high level language, syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal. The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analogue, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices.
In short, the µOLED-128-G2 offers one sweet little module!
Note: It’s been brought to our attention that trying to program the 4D screens using an FTDI breakout can damage the driver. You’ll need to use the FT232RQ USB to Serial which you can find in the related items below.
Dimensions: 45.6 x 36 x 13.7mm (including corner plates).
- Low-cost OLED display graphics user interface solution
- 128 x 128 resolution, 65K true to life colors, PMOLED screen
- 1.5” diagonal size, 45.5 x 33.5 x 6.1mm. Active Area: 27mm x 27mm.
- No back lighting with near 180° viewing angle
- Easy 10 pin interface to any external device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET, IO1, IO2, 3.3V.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX graphics processor highly optimised for 4DGL, the high level 4D Graphics Language
- 2 x GPIO ports supports:
- Digital I/O
- A/D converter with 8/10 bit resolution
- Complex sound generation
- Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
- Multi-Switch Joystick
- Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 x 16bit vars)
- Serial TTL interface with auto-baud feature (300 to 256K baud)
- On-board micro-SD memory card adapter for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64Mb to 2Gig micro-SD memory cards
- Comprehensive set of built in high level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more
- Display full color images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts)
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
- Back plate with 4 x 3mm holes for mechanical mounting.